Mumbai, 14th & 15th October 2016, Victor Menezes Convention Centre (VMCC at IIT-Bombay) Powai
Aeronautical Society of India, Mumbai Branch and Indian Institute of Technology jointly organized an International Seminar on the theme topic “Next Generation- Aerospace Skills” at Mumbai during 14/15 October 2016 at IIT-Bombay located at Powai. This two
day event included Memorial lectures, the AGM-Business session and Technical sessions.
Day 1- 14 October 2016
Mr. P.S.Ganapathy-Chairman of Ae.SI Mumbai Branch welcomed the Chief Guest Shri. Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati, Honorable Minister of Civil Aviation, Dr. V.K.Saraswat, Member, NITI Aayog & President, AeSI, other Dignitaries, Invitees and members present at the gathering. This was followed by Presidential Address by Dr. V.K.Saraswat, Member, NITI Aayog & President, AeSI. The 67th AGM Souvenir was released by the Chief Guest, Honorable Minister of Civil Aviation. The Chief Guest in his address outlined the steps taken by the ministry of civil aviation towards the growth of the aviation industry. During the inaugural session, the chief guest also presented the Ae.SI awards of 2015 to the winners. The session was concluded with vote of thanks by Mr. D. Damankar, Hon. Secretary of Mumbai Branch.
Dr. Neelakantan Memorial Lecture. – Dr. Kiran Kumar-ISRO-Chairman
“Building & Sustaining Indigenous capability in Aerodynamics”
Dr. Biren Roy Memorial Lecture. – Dr.G.S.Reddy -Scientific Adviser to Raksha
Mantri (SA to RM) “Next Generation – Skill Development & Challenges in
Aeronautical & Aerospace Industry”
Prof. Satish Dhawan Memorial Lecture. – Mr.Tommie Lynn Wood, Chief
Technologist of Bell Helicopter- A Journey through Advancements of Rotorcraft Technology
In the afternoon of 14 October 2016 the Ae.SI members Business Session was conducted.
In the evening there was also Display of Projects by Students of Bombay Flying Club & Thakur Institute of Aviation Technology, Kandivali East, Mumbai. A get together dinner was held at – HILTON HOTEL –Sahar Airport Road near Terminal 2 of CSIA ( Mumbai ) for the members and guests.
Day 2 – 15 October 2016
The Second Day program had the following memorial lectures technical sessions
1. Bharat Ratna JRD Tata Memorial Lecture – Dr. Srinivasan Dwarakanath, President of Airbus Division, Airbus Group India, Pvt/Ltd.
“Airbus – preparing Indian aviation for the next decade”.
2. Dr. Kalpana Chawla Memorial Lecture – Dr.Tessy Thomas, Sc ‘H’ & Outstanding Scientist, Director –A.S.L. Hyd.
“Advances in Aerospace Technologies relating to reentry missile Design – Development”
3. Bharat Ratna Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial Lecture -Dr. R.K. Sharma, Sc’H’ & Outstanding Scientist, Program Director, DRDL, Hyderabad “Challenges in Air Breathing Hypersonic Vehicle”.
1. Mr. Prashantsingh Bhadoria, Project Manager & Mr.Suresh Kumar, AGM(D) Project Head (HTT 40)
“Design And Development Journey Of Htt 40”
2. Mr. J. Narasimha- General Manager (R) HAL, Bangaluru
“Challenges faced by the Designer”
3. Mr. Mohammed Kapdi , Technical Service Engineer , Jet Airways, Mumbai
“Aircraft Performance Recovery (Maintenance)”
4. Mr. C.P. Sawant ,Vice President GMR Airports
5. Mr. H.R. Jagannath-CEO, Air India Engineering Services Ltd.
“MRO Challenges in Indian Aviation”
The second day program concluded with a Panel discussion on skill development. The panel members were Ms. Harpreet A.De.Singh, Executive Director, Head of flight safety, Air India .Mr. Babu Peter , Senior Vice President , Go Air and Dr.N.S. Venkataraman former Hon. Secretary General. Ae.SI.