ACTIVITIES OF THE SOCIETY
- The Society’s activities include fraternization amongst professionals, promotion of aeronautical activities and policy and increased awareness of indigenous/ international information/events through lectures, workshops and seminars on subject of interests.
- The Society encourages young professionals in pursuance of their efforts in attaining excellence and get financial support to enable them to participate in high tech seminars at international levels.
- The Society conducts examinations in aeronautical engineering. A pass in this examination has been recognized by the Central Government (Ministry of HRD) as being equivalent to a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from an Indian University. Approximately, 200 candidates graduate every year. The Society is thus rendering a yeoman’s service by giving an opportunity to the young to acquire a degree in Aeronautical Engineering without straining the educational system and providing flexibility to students to undertake this on a part time basis.
- The student members are encouraged and awarded with cash prizes for outstanding performance in the Associate Membership Examination.
- The Society provides, centralized library facilities to its members and student members at its Headquarters and number of Branches.
- The Society publishes a quarterly Journal titled Journal of Aerospace Sciences & Technologies having Research and Technical papers on various facets of aeronautical sciences and monthly newsletter. The Journal is of a very high standard and is rated world class. It reflects variety and depth of topics of technical papers authored by specialists/experts in their respective areas.
- The Society encourages and promotes writing of books on aeronautical/ aerospace science subjects by Indian authors. Adequate financial support is provided for writing, publishing and marketing of these books.
- The Society conducts Annual Essay Competition to recognize and encourage talent amongst students, engineers and scientists and prizes are awarded to the winners.
- The Society confers a number of prestigious awards for outstanding contributions/achievements made by individual or team of individuals in fundamental/applied research in the field of aviation and aerospace, every year.